The trials and tribulations of our journey to make a baby.

I would die for that.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hey there!

I haven't posted in a while. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and all.

We had a very nice Christmas and went on a BIG family ski trip to Vermont this past week. The weather did not cooperate and we had 65 degrees and rain. Not the best for skiing. My Mom's cousin is a ski instructor and he did convince me to get on the slopes for one day. I only did two runs however. The slopes were lumpy and REALLY icy from the rain. There were only a few trails open, since everything was on rapid melt and that meant major crowding on the slopes that were open. I just didn't feel safe. And since we had been to that mountain last year, I was a little frustrated since I knew I could handle the trails we were on. But, my nerves got the best of me and I was skiing like a beginner. I decided that it wasn't a safe situation.

I think that was all for the best.

Anyway, not much to report on the baby front. I still haven't decided if the taps and bumps I was/am feeling are the baby or gas??? I feel kind of silly about that. But, I saw the midwife today and she assured me I should be feeling something more definitive in the next few weeks.

DH got some not so good news today. He has been dealing with very high Cholesterol and triglycerides for a few years. But, when we started dealing with Male Factor fertility issues.. he went off the meds for a while. I truly believe this helped. His counts and stuff got much better. But..... His cholesterol did not. He was treating it naturally. He went to get his blood drawn... and we got quite a talking to from the doctor.

So, he is starting a very strict diet, two different medications, some exercises, and we are going to a nutritionist/ chiropractor/ crazy hippie tomorrow for some advice. I am so much more worried about it now that we have a baby on the way, as is he. So, that actually helps because, he is more motivated this time around to really change his junk food lifestyle.

Here is a 17 week picture. I really need to take an 18 week one tonight!
I

1 comment:

Jess said...

You look beautifully pregnant...NOT FAT! Bethanne probably eats carrots all day unlike you who is nurishing their sweet baby!