The trials and tribulations of our journey to make a baby.

I would die for that.

Friday, February 13, 2009

A bit of a rough week.

I haven't been posting but, I have been lurking. I am so excited about JJ's baby and I continue to pray that things get a little easier for Nancy.

I have had a rough week myself. My grand-aunt/most awesome person ever was diagnosed with cancer last week. It's spread everywhere and she moved in with my Mom on hospice this week. She is 85 and lived a good life. I can't help thinking that we interfered with God's plan for her in October when we found her in a coma in her house. It could have been quick and painless for her and now it will horrible and painful. It's just really sad.

So, after totally overdoing it on Saturday, I couldn't even move that night. The next day I started to have what I think were contractions. They were really painful and went on all night. My Mom started to get upset (side note: she is an L&D nurse and doesn't get upset over anything pregnancy related.. so her getting upset freaked me out!). I got all upset which probably made it worse. I was just SOOO scared. Finally I called the midwife, who was all concerned. I didn't wind up going to the hospital but, I was ordered to bed. Everytime I lay down they stopped. But, when I stood up... pain came back.

So then, we had a rough week getting everything ready for my Aunt to come home. By yesterday, I was beat. I left work early. I had been having non-painful braxton and hicks all week long and I started to have some pain again. Coupled with a splitting headache.. I went home early. Last night I didn't sleep all night and I feel SOOOO bad today. But, I have to bring puppy to the vet since she has pink eye. So there is no end in sight.

The good news, as of today, I am off for a week. I plan to do NOTHING.

5 comments:

alicia said...

so sorry to hear about your aunt. that is so hard.

ok missy! i don't care about all the little things that are keeping you busy, you must rest!!! that is totally freaky! Now stay in bed this week and let the wonderful ppl in your life take care of you!

feel better ok!

Searching for Serenity said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering if everything is ok. Golly, you've had a rough week. I hope you find some time to relax and regroup over the next week.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt Trish, and that you've been so scared and having BH... Take it easy for teh week that you're off ok!

xxx

nancy said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm all behind so I'm reading the newest post from everyone and then I see my own name and then I felt guilty for being behind.

I'm so sorry about your Grand-Aunt. She'll be in my praryes.

And stop overdoing it girl!

KimboSue said...

Please take care of yourself!