The trials and tribulations of our journey to make a baby.

I would die for that.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I moved to the last baby on my pregnancy timeline counter!!

WOW! It's coming folks.

Well, I thought I had this whole blood pressure situation licked. I had such beautiful pressures for 3 days straight. I marched into that nasty doctor's office ready to fight with him... And.... My blood pressure when I got to the office was through the roof. The doctor wasn't even there and the nurses laughed at me when I told them I didn't want to be induced.

So, I went back to bed and had my pressure back down in a few short hours. So back to bed rest for me. My midwife is going to come to the appointment with Dh and I for the second opinion tomorrow.. Did I mention that I love her??? She knows the doctor and really wants to hear what he has to say first hand. She did tell me that I am giving her grey hairs!LOL Honestly, though, this pre-eclampsia stuff is starting to scare me and maybe I am thinking an induction next week isn't the worst thing. I just keep hearing horror stories about people being like me, high pressures, no protein in the urine.. blah blah.. then a massive seizure and a month in a coma. Now, I know that's not the norm, but, Damn!! That's nuts!

The baby continues to look great. I think the sono tech slipped up and told me the sex. I am trying not to think about it and Dh doesn't want to know. I am just pissed that I am pretty sure she ruined the surprise for me. Keep your mouth shut lady!! But I guess with two sonos a week, someone was bound to screw it up! I made it so far without knowing and now I think I know. I don't care either way of course.. but, I REALLY wanted that surprise!

Other than that... Everything is set up, packed, installed, put together, etc. I am sorry that I haven't been keeping up with other blogs lately. I only come on a few times a week to read things and get my butt back to bed. I wish I had a laptop! Bt, I have been reading for the most part. Thanks for the well wishes and positive thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated. :)

7 comments:

Jess said...

omgosh, how the heck are you two able to go 9 months without knowing...I have a hard time at Christmas, I am so darn impatient! I'm sorry if the lady ruined it for you!

My best friend had pre-eclampsia and they induced her at 36 weeks (thank God) cause her baby was already 9 pounds. The little chunker is doing fine (he is almost 3 now)! You have made it so far that if the baby was induced, he or she will be fine. Get the second opinion but we don't want anything to happen to you!

nancy said...

wow. Good luck. :)

alicia said...

oh wow!! can't wait to read about your little one!

Searching for Serenity said...

I hope all is going well and that you're taking it easy!

KimboSue said...

So exciting! The countdown is here!

Liza said...

where are you?! hope all is well with you and the babe.

Anonymous said...

At least you're almost there!!! Just a few weeks (or a week?!) to go! :)