The trials and tribulations of our journey to make a baby.

I would die for that.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Tough Day yesterday.

First, My Grand Aunt died after a battle with cancer. She lived a good life. She had no kids and was only married for three years before her husband died. So she was like a second Grandma to me (actually, I was closer to her than I am to my own grandma). It is sad that she died. But, from October on.. she struggled so much. She was so sick and it was awful to watch. So at least now she is resting in peace. She was the most fiercely independent (and stubborn) woman I have ever known. Losing her memory and her independence was awful to her. I will miss her dearly.

Then, later on in the day, my Mom's twin sister was diagnosed with Lymphoma. It is low grade at this point and we really don't know what that means. She has to start calling doctors (hopefully, we can convince her to use Sloan Kettering) but, the funeral and Easter will probably make that difficult. Hopefully, early next week, she can get in and get an action plan. The doctor that diagnosed her told her that there is no cure, just maintaining quality of life. But, that life can last 20 to 30 years. The statistics don't look good. But, I found some information on new treatments and I think Sloan Kettering is the place for her. Please pray for her. She has two sons in college and one boy in middle school.

So, my family is going through a lot. We are all trying to stick together and get through this weekend before we tackle the big "C". It was a sad day.

No real pregnancy updates. I think the baby has turned head down finally. I was starting to get nervous about breach. We watched a horrifying birth video in class the other night. (I missed that day in high school) It totally freaked me out. Dh, not so much. But, I am convinced he will never go near me again after childbirth!

5 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I am so sorry you're going through this right now. Cancer royally sucks. I hope your memories of your aunt are everlasting.

Try to take care of yourself during the coming weeks.

*hugs*

alicia said...

oh no! I am so sorry to hear about all your family is going through. Defiantly sending prayers your way.

HUGS

Jendeis said...

So sorry sweetie. What stinky news.

KimboSue said...

Sorry to hear about your family. will keep you in our prayers this weekend.

Glad to hear the baby turned around!

Searching for Serenity said...

Just dropping by to let you know I'm thinking about you. I just checked your ticker and I can't believe you're 34 weeks already!

Anyway, I hope you are well.
Take care.

S4S