The trials and tribulations of our journey to make a baby.

I would die for that.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Asthma and HSG

So, I got the nurse on the phone. Apparently the dye is a shellfish derivative and could cause asthma symptoms. I explained that mine was very mild and I am NOT allergic to shellfish. They said I would have to go on six days of prednisone!! Kill me.

But, then the nurse called back and said the doctor at the radiology office said I didn't need it. I don't know why? I didn't ask questions.

I am going for the HSG on Tuesday at 2pm. My sister is going to take me. This should be fun. Do you remember my post from when I went camping. She is pleasure to hang out with. I don't want DH to waste anymore days off. I really want to go away in August and I want him to take off for the IUI's. I think they count more.

So, yeah.. asthma and shellfish and hsg. Who knew?

2 comments:

alicia said...

so weird. I would understand if you had asthma and a allergy to shellfish, but just asthma?? so strange. good luck with it! Mine didn't hurt at all, so hopefully yours won't either!

Tricia said...

I remember my HSG test and it felt like my ovaries and fallopian tubes were on fire, other women don't feel a thing. BUT I don't get the whole connection with asthma and I'm so glad to hear you're able to move forward.